Welcome!

Welcome to the world of Julie, where life is crazy but wonderful all in the same!

St. Louis, Missouri!

St. Louis, Missouri!

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hmmmm

I was recently reading a book that said that 74.1% of America is overweight. We are one of the top 10 fattest countries on the planet! Our childrens generation is the first one ever that is not expected to outlive the previous one. I think we have a epedimic! I really have a burden for this! I admit I have not always been the healthiest person and have made some poor choices reguarding eating and exercise. However in the past year or so I have really gotten into health. I exercise a 3-5 days a week and have gotten myself of a healthy eating lifestyle. I do occaisoanlly have bad stuff. I do like McDonalds fries! However, I am trying to keep that from being the norm. The past few months I have really been feeling lead to do something in the area of health and fitness. As some of you know, I am no longer leading in the Childrens Ministry at church. Since leaving that ministry, I have been praying about what God wants me to do now and I think this may be it. I am not exaclty sure what kind of minstry this will be yet, got some more praying to do. However, I want to help people get healthy! Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit! I just remember the story in the bible where Jesus was so upset about how the people were abusing the temple. Well, if our bodies are his temple now, can you imagine that he also gets upset when we abuse them? I think so.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie! I started an exercise ministry at our church and it is so much fun! We do a short devotion at the end of each class and they focus mostly on our identity in Christ, and taking care of the blessing of our bodies.

    ReplyDelete