Welcome!

Welcome to the world of Julie, where life is crazy but wonderful all in the same!

St. Louis, Missouri!

St. Louis, Missouri!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Freedoms Never Free


My friend Melissa learned today that her husband is being deployed to Iraq in April for 12 months. I can't even imagine! She has two small kids too! My cousin Andy was over there for 18 months. My friend Ginger's husband has there for awhile. I am so thankful for the men and women who fight for our freedom, who will stand up for America. I think sometimes we take for granted the freedoms of being a American. I have been a American all my life. I have no idea what it would be like to live someplace that doesn't have the blessings of America. But, when I sit back and think of the people who keep American free, it humbles me. It is such a sacrifice. Not only are the soldiers sacrificing, their families are as well. God bless them! Thank you Lord of their sacrifice! Thank you for the sacrifice of these men and women and their families! Thank you for people who are willing to put their lives and families on the line for our country. In some countries young people are required to join the military for several years when they turn 18. But, in here they choose! They have chosen it! This makes it more meaningful to those of us that they are doing it for. Thank you to our military and their families for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment