Welcome!

Welcome to the world of Julie, where life is crazy but wonderful all in the same!

St. Louis, Missouri!

St. Louis, Missouri!

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Making Memories with my kids

So, I confess I am not much for the great outdoors! I came to the lake for the great outlet malls. I don't like fishing and being in such a quiet part of the lake actually gets rather boring. However, the smiles on my kids faces make it so worth it! They are loving the fishing, the playground, the playing with trucks on the lake beach, the grilling, all of it! These are the moments that they will remember when they have kids of their own. My husband still talks about his fishing trips to Montawk with his Grandma and Grandpa Potter. I remember the cabin my Grandma and Grandpa Harrell had at the Bourboss River and the wonderful memories there. I have nothing but found memories of that place (even if we had a outhouse cause they didn't even have indoor plumbing)! There is something about nature that brings out joy in children! Seeing a fish swimming in the water, seeing the ducks walking by, seeing the chipmunks playing, they all thrill my kids! I am so thankful for the times that we have spent here and that we will continue to spend. Thankfully for me, we aren't roughing it too much, we have cable and WIFI! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment